On a select few nights each month, the high tide and sunset combine,
allowing for something very special....
Experience a magical connection with some of Magnetic Island's
maritime history. We bring the shipwreck "S.S. City Of Adelaide" to life,
as we share her enchanting story and how she came
to rest on the shoreline of Magnetic Island.
PRIVATE CHARTER COSTS:
$1,020 up to 12 guests then $50 for each guest after that
(max. 24 guests)
Please contact us to book your private charter
This tour is available on selected dates only
Departs from Magnetic Island at 4.30 pm on selected days
Step back in time and immerse yourself in our 2 hour scenic tour focusing on the coastal area between Nelly Bay and Cockle Bay on Magnetic Island. Relax while you take in the sights and listen to some beautiful acoustic music from a local musician. Our destination is the "S.S. City of Adelaide" shipwreck where we will share her story with you as you enjoy the sunset. A truly magical and unique experience.
Your 2-hour tour includes:
- Visit the scenic coastline between Nelly Bay and Cockle Bay on Magnetic Island
- Stories & history of some shipwrecks along the way
- Live acoustic music from a local musician
- Scenic bird life at sunset
- Photo opportunities at our destination, the grand old lady of the sea, "S.S. City Of Adelaide"
- Complimentary glass (or 2) of sparkling wine or non-alcoholic beverage on arrival
- B.Y.O. is welcome
- Gourmet "grazing platter" to enjoy
What to bring:
Wear comfortable clothing
Wear comfortable clothing
- B.Y.O. alcoholic drinks
- Jacket / Jumper (in the cooler months of May - Sept)
If you are coming from Townsville:
If catching the Sealink ferry from Townsville, please be sure to catch a ferry no later than the 3.45 pm departure from Townsville.
If catching the Magnetic Island Ferries Barge please be sure to catch a barge no later than the 2.40 pm departure from Townsville.
To find us on Magnetic Island:
(see the map below)
Meet us at 4.15 p.m. in front of Peppers Resort (Nelly Bay) on the boardwalk area, a short 1 minute walk to the left of the Nelly Bay ferry terminal. You will see our Aquascene sign located on the boardwalk area and our friendly Aquascene crew will meet you there and escort you to our boat.
BOOK YOUR SUNSET & SHIPWRECK TOUR
Please note our cancellation Policy and possible fees
- School holidays are a busy time for us and we like to be able to accommodate everyone, so please try and let us know if you think there may be a change in your situation, we don't like charging cancellation fees.
- We are human here at Aquascene and we understand that situations can happen that may mean you have to change or cancel your tour with us.
- Please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your situation if it is possible.
- The following fees MAY apply if there is a no show or minimal notice given to us.
- A "no show" or less than 24 hours notice may be charged full fare.
- Within 2 days of departure a 20% admin fee may be deducted from your payment.
- Office contact MOB 0439785216
- Skipper contact MOB 0427900028